Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm feeling terribly inspired.

But I can't wait for the computer to turn on, the documents to open, the screen to load, the words to flow off of my fingers onto the keyboard. I feel the thoughts buzzing around in my mind, waiting to escape, and they flow too fast for my fingers to record, they are too many to caputre in just one sentence. They are multifaceted, like light rays, and they cannot be fully captured in words. Or if I tried, we would be here forever, and you and I both would be quite confused.

So here I sit, under wooden archways of the Hall of Arts and Letters, writing this instead of writing a paper. I saved the paper under the title "Coffee Beans," because it's about literary cafes in Paris. And I'm so excited to write this paper. So beyond excited. But so many other things capture my time, and then I am left writing a slipshod paper of haphazard thoughts, connected by weak transitions. However, college is the time to work all of that out. On two hours of sleep and cups and cups of coffee, we work things out. It might be a little unhealthy, but 3am, c'est la belle heure.

Speaking of French, I am in deep deep like with Proust. I had no time to read A la Recherche du Temps Perdu, but after discussing it in class, I will surely be reading it over this break. The whole world in one cup of tea? mmm sounds like my sort of writer. There is just no time to think through things, to let them sink deeply into my mind. Life is a blur, wizzing faster than I can comprehend it, and everything blends together in one array of information. Too much information, if you ask me. Quality over quantity screams stronger than a schmorgasborg of half-truths.

And that is all. My thoughts are still flowing but I'll save them for the Literary Cafes of Paris. Thursday, Friday, and then Turkey, and family and friends, and although I hate wishing time away, I just can't wait. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment