Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a simple, pure, steadfast love.

I would rather love simply than love extravagantly.
Sometimes, extravagant love is beautiful, but I would rather love in the everyday, day-to-day, behind the scenes details. Simple love is often overlooked, but sometimes it is all we can do. There is no expectation in simple love, it is merely the outflow of a genuine interest in the other, without selfish motivations or means we can't afford. It is loving someone fully, with all that you have, and knowing that this simplicity speaks volumes. I'll leave the extravagance to my Creator, who loves with an all-consuming, so powerful it's scary, so gentle it's comfortable, so extravagant-I-can-hardly-breathe love. while I will continue to love simply, in my own sweet way.

Greater love has no one than this,
that he lay down his life
for his friends.
-John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment